Akshay Kumar ignores 'New York' director

Wednesday 8 July 2009
After announcing the success party for film ‘Kambakkht Ishq’ as well as Bollywood movie ‘New York’, Akshay Kumar almost became a real-life hero. In a magnanimous mood, Akshay Kumar had told us, “This isn’t a party to celebrate our success alone. It is also a party to celebrate the success of film ‘New York’ as much as Kambakkht Ishq. So apart from me and Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, John Abraham and the entire team of Bollywood film New York are the party’s unofficial hosts.”

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjh7gO5FY2hLnc-N_O9w_Szqjoz1fTg2UxOoxIG6L5ffo3vwL-gTqk6XlJTl5n67By9r44-Nhci0EzwCb__TF-ZHba_EfiaFrT0evXbaYw_TAT5YgfX9-VWFqUcF1EiPByiTkK9hAwOONg/s320/akshay_kumar.jpg

While Akshay Kumar personally invited the cast of the movie New York and many other guests, strangely, he did not invite New York director Kabir Khan to the party. Katrina Kaif confirmed and said, “Akshay Kumar told me about the party just a few hours before the party when we were shooting together for Priyadarshan’s De Dana Dan.”

John Abraham too was personally invited by Akshay Kumar and was deeply regretful that ill health kept him away.
As for Neil Mukesh, he did not get an invitation from Akshay Kumar. “Vicky Rajani (from Eros, who presented Kambakkht Ishq) had invited me, but I couldn’t make it to the occasion because I had a family commitment,” said Neil Mukesh.

According to sources, Kabir Khan would have definitely attended the party had he been invited. New York Director Kabir Khan admitted that he was not invited and said, “I guess it’s okay. Akshay Kumar was generous to acknowledge the success of ‘New York’, that was good enough. Who acknowledges the success of somebody else’s film these days? I’m also happy for the success of Kambakkht Ishq.”

Meanwhile, director Kabir Khan said he was aware that New York stars Katrina Kaif, John Abraham and Neil Mukesh had received invitations. “Having done many films with Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif is very close to him. She was definitely invited. John Abraham did not attend because he had a physiotherapy session for his ankle,” said Kabir Khan.

“A few minutes after I read about the party, a unit member from ‘New York’ called me to complain that I hadn’t invited him for my success bash. I had to explain that it wasn’t my success party,” added Kabir. When asked whether Kabir had any issues with Akshay Kumar in the past, he replied, “None. I had met Akshay a long time ago and we had exchanged pleasantries. I don’t think Akshay even remembers the meeting. I don’t know him or Sajid Nadiadwala too well.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Tags